Based in Witney, Oxfordshire, U.K
Gruesome deaths. Unsolved disappearances. A house that warps between the present day and 1958. Something inhuman in the attic. A 60-year-old mystery to be solved – if you can survive the experience. The Mannequin is a first-person narrative horror game which blends terror with tragedy. Only you can uncover the truth about what really happened in this timelost London home, even as reality shifts around you and a malevolent entity – the silent, dead-eyed Mannequin – pursues you at every turn.
We started developing The Mannequin in 2014 with the desire to create a game around these facinating mannequins that came alive and told a story. As we explored ideas around the games setting we found a lot of inspiration from 1950s Britain and the game gradually evolved into a darker horror experience, with the mysterious mannequin taking a focal point in the story. In 2015 Dan Griliopoulos & Alec Meer came onboard as writers and have been working closely with us on the story.
- A story-led, first-person horror adventure written in partnership with Alec Meer and Dan Griliopoulos (No Mans Sky, Rock Paper Shotgun).
- Escape from the Mannequin, a creature of wood and cloth come to terrifying life.
- Battle your disorientation and fear as the house warps between the present day and a meticulously-recreated 1958.
- Piece together evidence and develop long lost photographs to uncover the tragic truth behind the Mannequin.
- Solve a notorious 60 year old murder case while trapped inside a decaying London townhouse.
Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
View recent updates about the game on our Blog. themannequin.game.
Follow us on Twitter to get the latest. twitter.com.
We also have a mailing list which we reserve for important announcements. eepurl.com.
About Two Tails
We are a small British independent Games Studio based in Witney, near Oxford. We love narrative in games and we’re excited about how we can contribute to the medium.
More information on Two Tails, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Mannequin Credits
David Mitchell (Mitch)
Game Director, Lead Design
Sound Design, Composer